More Than Enough

To say that this has been a long and stressful year for my family would be an understatement. Our family has been through a lot of changes and adjustments in 2010. Without going into details, I will just say that I have been asking God, "Why?"- a lot. I have not always gotten an answer, but I have tried to remain faithful and trust in Him. Today, however, I felt like it was the last straw! I found out that my husband, who has been gone for two weeks and has been out of the country more times then he has been in it this year, has become snowed in at the airport in France! AHHHHH! I just do not want to feel this disappointment, nor do I want to have to tell my kids that their dad will not be home tonight as expected! We have been getting used to my husbands traveling and we are so proud of all of his accomplishments, but it just doesn't make it any easier to know that he will not be home when we thought he would be. So, after I got off of the phone with him, I cried a little and ranted and raved a little and tried not to ask God the WHY question again-but it just slipped out. "Why did this happen God?" We have had so many disappontments this year and things that haven't worked out the way that we wanted them to and it just has been a long year. Why God?" And as clear as if He were in the same room with me I heard God say, "Because I am enough for you." I stopped and thought to myself, yes I think that you are God. Because for all of what that I don't have and for all that hasn't turned out the way I had hoped it would and for all those disappointments, God has never changed. He has been the constant, always loving, always near friend and provider. He is enough. I opened my Bible and found this in Psalm 102, it is titled-A Cry For Help, a prayer of a person who is suffering when he is discouraged and tells the Lord his complaints; "Lord, listen to my prayer; let my cry for help come to you. Do not hide from me in my time of trouble. Pay attention to me. When I cry for help, answer me quickly." Psalm 102;1-2
God's timing is perfect and I have heard Him loud and clear. I may not always get an immediate answer until He sees fit to give me one. Will I still feel disappointment?-Sure I will. But will I be without someone to comfort me and help me turn that disappointment into a moment that will strengthen my faith? Never.
As long as I turn to Him in times of trouble and lean not on my own understanding-He is and always will be more than enough for me.
Blessings-Nicole

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She Speaks because He Speaks

The Goodness of God

G-R-A-C-E