Overlooking the Obvious!

Have you ever seen a movie more than once and noticed different things going on in the scenes? Or re-read a book and are shocked that you didn't notice an obviously crucial part of the plot? This would be referred to as overlooking the obvious. I have been reading the bible for several years and a few years ago I decided that I would write the month and year that I finish reading each book of the bible on it's title page. Well, I have read and re-read several books of the bible and I am amazed at how I have missed certain parts or messages that have been there the whole time. Sometimes I wonder if someome is secretly changing the content just to mess with my mind;) However, I do think that God is revealing to me just what I need in my life for that particular moment in time. If someone is hungry you don't give them the contents of your refrigerator in one sitting. If someone is thirsty you don't give them a straw and point them in the direction of the nearest lake. It is the same with the word of God. He does not expect us to consume and understand everything that is written in the bible in one sitting. He wants us to continue to be hungry and thirsty for His word every day of our lives! This is a verse that is one that I had obviously overlooked when reading the book of John, but it spoke so loudly to me this morning-"There are many things that Jesus did. If every one of them were written down, I suppose the whole world would not be big enough for all the books that would be written." John 21:25 WOW! I just know that this is meant to cause me to pause when I ever have a doubt or I have someone ask for proof of how I know that Jesus and God are real! I think that this would be a great place in the bible to show a non-believer just how awesome our God is! It all boils down to faith. Just because we can't see it with our own eyes does not mean it does not exist. How many times have you overlooked the obvious? I pray that your eyes are opened and that you hunger and thirst for new awakenings and experience joy each day through the word of God. Blessings-Nicole

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

G-R-A-C-E

A Stubborn Streak

The Goodness of God