G-R-A-C-E

I always wanted to be a cheerleader and the good Lord knows that I have the lungs for it! I love the idea of someone actually giving me permission to cheer as loud as I can-awesome! I also like words that you can take and turn into an acrostic. An acrostic, as some of you may know is when you take a word and for each letter in that word assign it a word that starts with that letter. For example, F.R.O.G. means Fully Rely On God, or how about this one, C.O.W. means Cloud Of Witnesses. Anyway, you get the picture. I began thinking about the word GRACE and how this word should be one that ALL christians use and share freely with everyone. After all, God's grace is free and anytime there is something being given away for free everyone wants to hear about it-right? Can't you just see the Sunday morning service with the minister giving his sermon flanked by cheerleaders on each side dressed appropriately, of course, encouraging the crowd to cheer, "Give me a G, give me an R, give me an A, give me a C, give me an E-what does that spell? GRACE! What does it cost? NOTHING! Who can have it? EVERYONE! Woo-hoo! Ok, that may be a little over the top, but I think it would really rev up the congregation! I see the word GRACE as an acrostic and this is what I would have it say; G-God is good!, R-Richly rewarding, A-Always available, C-Christ cares, E-Everlasting eternity. Grace is a gift that is freely given by God to anyone who comes to Him and asks. In Titus 3:4-7 it says, "But when the kindness and love of God our Savior was shown, he saved us because of his mercy. It was not because of good deeds we did to be right with him. He saved us through the washing that made us new people through the Holy Spirit. God poured out richly upon us that Holy Spirit through Jesus Christ our Savior. Being made right with God by his grace, we could have the hope of receiving the life that never ends." It doesn't matter how loud of a cheerleader you are for God, what matters is that you are willing to cheer! We can't earn grace, we can't even buy grace. What we can do is ask for God's Grace and Mercy to be poured upon us and then to live a life that He would deem worthy to recieve that everlasting life. So, if you have that hidden desire and you always wanted to be a cheerleader I am here to tell you Congratulations!!!! You made the team!!! You are a cheerleader for a team where God is the coach and we have a playbook, the Bible, that never fails and even if you experience losses, you will always come out a winner! Now, give me a G, give me an R, ok, ok, you know the rest! Happy cheering! Blessings-Nicole

Comments

  1. Nicole, this was beautifully written. You are awesome my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

She Speaks because He Speaks

The Goodness of God