Runnin' Down A Dream....

Ok, I know that I am always putting stuff on here about songs and how they trigger a message that I need to share, but I can't help it! I think God uses music, secular and non-secular music to speak to me-He knows what a music nerd I truly am:) So, Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers-any fans out there? I used to listen to their music all of the time! I was just sitting here thinking about all of the "dreams" that I have in my heart. Some are spoken, some are unspoken, but they are all real. There is a song of Tom and the Heartbreakers called, "Runnin' Down a Dream- the chorus of this song says, "Yeah, runnin' down a dream that never would come to me. Workin' on a mystery, goin' wherever it leads. Runnin' down a dream." I guess the reason this is the song that started going through my head is because right now all of my dreams ARE mysteries to me. I am not sure if they will come true or not, but that isn't going to make me stop dreaming them! Walking with Christ is sometimes a mystery, in the sense that we don't always know where He will lead us. Sometimes our dreams are not the things that God desires for us to become. I know the power of prayer and I have witnessed it firsthand, but sometimes it is the unanswered prayers that become the blessings in our lives. There is a story in the Bible that you may have heard before, it is the story of Esther. Esther had a dream. Esther's dream had nothing to do with being the most beautiful woman in all the land or the next Jewish Idol singing sensation or even the most popular person in all of Persia. No, her dream was to become the queen so that she could help her Jewish people. Her dream had nothing to do with herself, and had everything to do with God's will for her. She may have had other dreams in mind, but God gave her the courage to carry out His plan and to make His dream for the Jewish people in Persia a reality-they would be free from persecution. Esther followed her Father's voice and answered His call. So, the next time I feel like I am "runnin' down a dream" I will make sure that it is a dream that will fulfill what God wants for my life. Dreams keep us young and dreams can keep us looking forward to something better in this life. God is the ultimate granter of dreams and the answer to prayers. Pray to him about the desires of your heart and see where He will lead you-I can promise you this-it will not be boring!
Blessings-Nicole
"....and who knows, you may have been chosen queen (or ?) for just such a time as this."
Esther 4:14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She Speaks because He Speaks

The Goodness of God

G-R-A-C-E