The Mother Load of Life

Ok-another gloomy morning! However, I am very excited that my husband is coming home tonight. He has been gone since August 15th! I sat down the other night to figure out how many weeks he has actually been gone so far this year and including this latest trip it was a grand total of almost 12 weeks since May-that is crazy isn't it? I have discovered a few things about myself since he has been gone. The first thing is that I have a whole new respect for single parents, it is a tough job, especially if the choice wasn't yours to begin with. The next one is that if I am frustrated with my children going outside and holding a pillow up against your face and screaming really helps release the stress-also, you can quickly pretend you are just pounding it clean if a neighbor happens to look your way! The last thing is that I have felt my faith being tested more in this past year than I ever have before. I have come to rely more on God and His calming peace then anything else. Now, I am not saying I always turned to Him every time I was feeling low-but that is eventually where I would find peace, with Him. My kids are my life. They are not perfect, but I perfectly love them. My youngest has especially been going through a very difficult time. The strong will has turned into defiance which has turned into rage. It is never easy to admit as a parent that you cannot fix what is wrong with your child, but sometimes admitting I can't do something is the best thing I can do. My heart goes out to those parents who have children with physical and mental disabilities. When your child has a behavior problem, it seems like it should be an easy fix. Just ground her, or spank her, or take her things away. Unfortunately, I have tried all of these things with little or no success. I finally decided to seek outside help. At first I felt like a failure as a mother and guilty for not being able to solve this problem, because I am a "fixer." But again, God spoke to me and said, "When life is good, enjoy it. But when life is hard, remember: God gives good times and hard times, and no one knows what tomorrow will bring. Ecclesiates 7:14 In the next breath-"So don't worry;because I am with you. Don't be afraid, because I am your God. I will make you strong and will help you;I will support you with my right hand that saves you." Isaiah 41:10
So, I will just keep on keepin' on! I am thankful for so many things in my life that when I am faced with a challenge I need to rely on God to see me through. I hope that all of you have a blessed day!
Blessings-Nicole

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She Speaks because He Speaks

G-R-A-C-E

The Goodness of God