What a difference a day makes....

Yesterday my husband arrived home from a 3 1/2 week trip to Belgium. He has been traveling a lot this past year with his job and what an adjustment it has been for our family! The kids and I have done our best to "hold down the fort." We have all had to pitch in on the chores a little more around here and I think that we should keep that trend going even when Johnny is home! Life is full of changes, some good and some bad. There is a time and season for everything. There is a passage in the Bible that is Ecclesiates 3:1 that starts out, "There is a time for everything, and everything on earth has its special season." This is the time in our lives that we all have to make some sacrifices. I am making the sacrifice of being a single parent sometimes, my husband is making the sacrifice of not being at home maybe when he wants to be, and the kids are making the sacrifice of living without dad every once in a while. God knows about sacrifice. He knows how we feel when we have to give up something or someone and we really don't want to. After all, He sacrificed His own son. Jesus gave his own life as his sacrifice for us, so that we could have life eternal. When I think about the things that I have had to sacrifice in my life, it pales in comparison to what Jesus did for us. So, if this is the season of my life where I have to go with some changes and make a sacrifice or two, then I will just remind myself of how blessed I am. I am blessed not only because of my earthly life, but I am forever blessed because of what I have to look forward to in my eternal life. So, when my husband is preparing for his next trip and I start to think about all of the sacrifices I am going to have to make, I will remember to turn to God and ask Him for guidance and peace to see me through this time in my life.
Blessings-Nicole

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She Speaks because He Speaks

G-R-A-C-E

The Goodness of God